Monday, August 15, 2005

I'm here...somewhere...

Gosh, life has just not been my own this last week. We had another meeting about the house on Saturday. We're hoping to get some sort of final answer this week. This is far more stressful than getting married or having a baby! I've reached the point where nothing surprises me and rather than getting upset about things, I just laugh at them. Nothing I can really do, no need to get all up in arms about things. Few more days of crossed fingers please. If this one falls through, I'm not sure I have the energy to look for another one we least not anytime soon.

With that being said, my job has be uber hectic. I felt like I ran all morning this morning. It's just been crazy. I have a feeling there's another weekend stint coming soon. That's all I'm gonna say about that because I won't muddy up my blog with such things.

Peanut is sick, again. Yes, again. We haven't even beat the cold and some wicked tummy virus has settled in. I got one of those dreaded calls from daycare today. Even with the tylenol she's running a fever. She looks like she hasn't slept in days...just a sad Peanut. She'll be home tomorrow with me to chill out and terrorize the cat. Yes, we still have the cat. We're in limbo about her. That's all I got to say about that too.

I finished a pumpkin hat for the Preemie project. My experiment didn't work out as well as I'd hoped, but it'll still be cute on a tiny head. I don't think I'll be putting in the work to do another charted design on another one anytime soon. I have another one in the works. I'm hoping to have it done soon to send to Laura. Our highspeed connection is no more, so the photos will be few and far between. I'm hoping my posts don't follow that same path as is really crazy for us right now. More than I ever thought it could be...oy.

For those of you interested, I'm so happy to tell you that Mr. Grant was released from the hospital this weekend and is home with his parents and older brothers. He had reflux surgery last week, but came through with flying colors. Keep him and his momma in your prayers...reflux is tough to deal with even with his surgery. My good friend Jennifer is also in need of some positive thoughts. Her new little Miss is scheduled to arrive 9/9 but it looks like Jenn's body isn't cooperating. The dreaded preeclampsia is starting to creep in. Everyday the little Miss stays put is a better day for her. If you have an extra spot on your prayers list, please include them too.

Ok, enough of my pity party...I'm going to knit a few rounds on my pumpkin hat and hit the bed. Peanut will be up early, I'm sure. Let's hope she feels better tomorrow. Happy knitting!


Wool Winder said...

Hang in there. This time of stress won't last just feels like it will.

Jan said...

Wow...I've been where you are regarding both kids and houses and it's a baaaaad memory! You'll get through absolutely will. I'm thinking about you!

ericah64 said...

Oh, I will definitely pray for your friend and her little one. Is she in the hospital? I went through that with my son. It's such a tricky balance -- you want to keep the baby inside as long as possible for his sake, but you don't want to risk mom's life, and if mom does too badly, it will affect the baby negatively, etc. Is the baby healthy, or is the baby the one making her sick (that's how it was for me)?

edhunor1080 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.