Friday, December 02, 2005

Blanche

Today I attended the memorial for my dear friend Blanche. I can't express how different the office is without her. It's still hard to believe she's gone. When I take Peanut in to see Santa at our holiday breakfast, it'll make me sad to know we won't stop to visit her.

I was pretty proud of myself. I've cried about 100 times off and on the last 10 days. Then this morning I decided that it was absolutely not what she would have wanted. So, I kept upbeat. I made it through the service with just a few tears. I waited for the crowd to clear before paying my respects to her family...the guy in front of me was crying and talking about how much he thought of her and missed her....I said hello to her daughter and just lost it. I felt so bad. It was just too much. I think a few people are going to propose the company use some of the money the employees raise during the holidays to establish a memorial scholarship. I'll be interested to see if that idea goes anywhere, though.

Mister's dad and girlfriend were in for Thanksgiving. The house was immaculate before they got here. It's still a mess and they left on Sunday. I'm tired and glad we only see them once a year. I know it's horrible...I won't go into the details of their visit.

I'm still working on the shawl for Blanche. She always called herself my work grandma so I think it's only fitting that my grandmother receive the shawl once I'm finished. I know she would have liked that. Or I could send it to her daughter. Depends on how long it takes me, I guess.

I picked up the latest copy of Knit It. I'm making the green baby cardigan (made with VelvetSpun) for my good friend Jennifer's baby, Allyson. Jenn peeks in on this blog from time to time, so I'm not going to say anymore about it.

That's about it. I'm going to go put on some jammies and have a bowl of ice cream.

No comments: