Sunday, June 24, 2007

Shedir is Shedone!!


It only took me 8 months, but I finally finished Shedir this morning. It's definitely the most complex pattern I've completed to date. It was the first time I've yanked the needles out of something other than stockinette and ripped back. About 10 rows had to be undone because I opted to only follow one line of the pattern when it came to shuffling stitches around. Some of the double decreases could be a little smoother, but I'm quite proud of it. I used the Rowan Calmer the pattern called for, but in an off white color. I bought a spare ball just in case one wasn't enough. Maybe I'll do a second one with it. I need to check my gauge on this. I'm thinking it might be a little on the small side. It is pretty stretchy, though. I love it and I think it's beautiful.

Peanut started at her new school last week. It's tradition for us to take a photo on her first day. She wasn't overly excited about doing it, though. Her new school is proving to be a great place for her to be. She actually woke up on Saturday and asked if she could go. That never happened with the old place. They have a different them each week. Last week's was the States. On Thursday, they talked about Mt. Rushmore. On Tuesday this week, they're tie-dying shirts. I can't wait to see what she comes home with.
The divorce is final in 4 days. That's crazy to say. I know my checkbook is thankful this is all coming to a close. As I'm reminded constantly, it won't come to an end until October 2021 when Peanut turns 18. I'm thankful for the wonderful friends and family who helped remind me that dignity and grace are way more important than anything else. I'm celebrating with friends after the court appearance on Thursday. On Friday, I'm off to a much needed weekend vacation. I cannot wait!!!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Shedir looks absolutely perfect, nice job. Good luck if you decide to make it again-I bet it gets easier.

Congrats on your divorce. I say that in a knowing bittersweet way, having lived thru my own some 7 years ago. Good wishes on the next chapter of your life!!

Anonymous said...

The hat is absolutely gorgeous. The model is totally cute. I love the pouty face in the "school" photo. My Emily could really put on a face sometimes, too. Enjoy your weekend vacation. It sounds like you could REALLY use that time away. Pack some fun knitting.

CrazyFiberLady said...

I'm way late here, but Shedir is lovely and it looks so cute on Peanut. Glad she's enjoying her new school. I've had the monkeys insist on going to school on one of their off days. Love it.

By now the big divorce is final. Congratulations. Yes, it won't end really until Peanut is over 18, but this was the big step. Now life can really move on. Enjoy it.