Wednesday, April 23, 2008

FOs and BPs

I've tried repeatedly over the last 6 weeks to update the blog. Each time, blogger just wasn't having it. Sorry about that.

Some of the ladies at my office have started a knitting circle. Some of us are working on socks for CIC. I finished mine in record time over the weekend.
I finished a couple of teeny tiny hats. These will potentially go to my boss's new twins. Keep your fingers crossed they'll be too small for them once they're born. Their mom's been on serious bedrest for a month now and they're not due until June.
This the EZ sweater from The Knitting Almanac. So far so good. It's in KnitPicks Cotlin. Love it. Ordered 6 more skeins for the other babies I know coming soon.
And I'm trying to expand my horizons. I'm giving Maze from Sensational Knitted Socks a go. They'll also go to CIC.
Notice anything different about these photos? They're crisp, clear and have great color? Yeah, this is where the BP comes in..Birthday Present. My birthday is in 10 days or so. I've been admiring a certain camera from afar for several months now. I've done my homework and saved the money...and I bought it today. Riza might like her Canon, but I've always been loyal to Nikon. Well, with the exception of the Pentax in college but that doesn't count. A D60 now resides with us. I feel as if it needs a name. These two photos make it worth every penny.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my gosh the knits are darling but Peanut - that hair cut and that SMILE - Priceless!!! XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

So happy to see your blog updated. You have been busy. I now have "camera envy". Very cute projects, adorable Peanut, and fabulous pictures of these. I have an older digital camera that has served me well, but have been giving serious thoughts to a new camera. My blog photos are nothing like yours so it really may be time to count the coins in the container where I throw my loose change. Hmmmmm, might be close to a camera since I can hardly life the container. Thanks for sharing. You can check out my blog at http://maryknitsandmore.blogspot.com

Mary