Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Monday, Monday...

My day started off well with a 5lb weight loss for the week. WooHoo! The joy was short lived.

My grandfather's best friend, Karl passed away Thursday morning after battling liver cancer for the last year. We knew it was coming, but it somehow wasn't any easier. I attended the services and luncheon with my grandparents. It was hard to get through. Karl had been a constant in our family's life since the mid 1960's. He danced at my parents wedding and bounced my child on his knee. He was an incredibly special man and won't be forgotten anytime soon.

On the knitting front..the baby shower is Saturday at 1. I have 1 blanket and 4 wash cloths done. I have 2 hats, 3 booties and a blanket to finish by Saturday. I have a feeling the hats & blankets will make it, but the booties may not. They are sewn, not knit. My gram helped me with one today while doing laundry at their house (our washer broke last night). I think I could be good at this sewing thing if I did it more often. The blanket is very pretty. It's too late to photograph, but it will be done before it's gifted. I'm pretty proud of it.

Well, I'm going to cut this short...Mister wasn't quite so understanding about my coming home really late tonight. I'm a little frustrated with the situation. Instead of snacking tonight, I'm dealing with my frustration by watching Flavor Love. My goodness, the stuff they put on TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I;m so glad that you posted a picture of yourself. Yea! Now I can picture what you look like you gorgeous thing you! I hope that all is well. I miss emailing with you.