Thursday, February 23, 2006

The only cereal that's sugar frosted and dipped in chocolate.

We're at 28 repeats for Branching Out. That's not an official 28, though. We'll be taking a short trip to the frog pond this evening and then working back to 28. I'm definitely going to finish the skein. I'm a little worried about it being short, but I'll wait to reserve judgment until after it's blocked. My gram is only 5' 2", so she could use a shorter scarf. I think both skeins will probably get me 34 repeats, but we'll see.

We rented Must Love Dogs last night. The Mister and I were up kind of late watching it. I can say that we both liked the movie, but Mister's really into chick flicks. Despite having done the 10 row pattern repeat 36 times, I still mess it up. Especially if I'm working later at night. I can only imagine the damage done with a more complex pattern. This was a good first lace project, but I don't think I'll be doing a grand project anytime soon.

I got the teddy bear book from Alecia. (Thanks again!) What a cool book! Once I finish the Larry The Trapper Guy scarf, I'm going to venture onto a bear for Peanut. I'm hoping to have one in her Easter Basket rather than something store bought. The Easter Bunny has already scored Dora chocolate for it. I've got a good idea for Mister as well, but he sometimes peeks in on me so I'm not saying a word.

**Caution - Political Content Ahead**
Now, I'm not one to discuss politics. Not on this blog and not in my daily life. Mister is the one with the passion for politics in the family and I learned a log time ago, it's best to keep my comments to my self. BUT - I came across this yesterday and it still has me angry. Very angry. I'm all for exercising your constitutional rights and freedom of speech, but there has to be a line drawn. To think there are a group of people out there that feel it is their right to jeer nasty things at a fallen soldier's family while they are in mourning is atrocious. I'm not even going to get into their platform, I don't agree with that either...but their execution is disgusting. It makes me sad and sick to my stomach. That's all I'm saying about it.

If you've stuck with me this long, you deserve some photo yummies. So, here they are. The flowers Mister sent me for Valentine's Day. He's so proud of himself and the effort it took to get them. That's also part of my gift.











Mister didn't forget Peanut on VDay either. Here she is with her new Carebear. He's already been to Walmart and McDonald's.



February 8th marked the 1 year anniversary of this blog being created and my test message. March 20th marks the 1st anniversary of my first official post. Since a contest seems to be the way to go when you hit a blog anniversary, who am I to break from the trend? Peanut has been sucked into the Disney machine. Her very favorite movie is Monster's Inc. She's seen it so many times, she can recite lines from it.

To make the contest interesting, I'm going to use obscure lines from the kid's movie of the moment as a title. The first person to guess the movie one of them is from will win and get some sort of prize. Just leave me a comment with your guess. I'd limit it to a single movie, but she's kind of fickle. They'll get easier as the 20th approaches. I need to have some sort of incentive to watch Toy Story for the 75th time. Of course, this assumes people are actually out there reading this thing. So...we'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janette- It's Erin. I must have spent a lot of late nights up with my little guy b/c I know this one! I can hear the star voice in my head. I'll let it go though- I am curious to see if someone knows it!

Anonymous said...

I'm following your progress on Branching Out...looks fabulous so far! I tried it a few months back and finally gave up after multiple rip-backs. Your gram is a lucky lady!

Kris said...

I've seen the news about the protesters at military funeral and can not fathom how they can live with themselves.

Your scarf looks beautiful.