Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Reflections In Literature

I am thrilled to tell you that Baby Logan is doing incredibly well. He's gained weight and is up to 2 lbs 8 ozs. They're talking about removing him from the ventilator today and moving him over to a nasal CPAP. He'll be on the feeding tube soon for another few weeks, but the good news is that he'll be back to taking feedings again after his surgery. What a miracle!

Over at The Bookish Girl, she's posted her list of books read for 2006. What a great idea! After a few years away from reading for pleasure, 2006 brought me back. I read quite a few books in 2006. This is mostly due to joining www.paperbackswap.com Unlike The Bookish Girl, I do not remember when I read them. So here's a quick list from memory:
The Red Tent
A Map of the World
A Good Yarn
Knitting Rules!
Jarhead
Confessions of a Shopaholic
A Million Little Pieces
The Shop On Blossom Street

These are on my list for 2007, so far:
Tara Road
Empire Falls
The Notebook
Life of Pi
Memoirs of a Geisha

I'm about to put down everything I'm knitting to start up some speed knitting. There's a baby scheduled to be born on February 23rd. I have been commissioned for their coming home outfit. Months ago, I was asked to make something. With as much as has been going on in the JB house, it hasn't been the best environment to knit something that will be kept and cherished. I've had the yarn forever and I have a good idea about what pattern I want to use. The blanket will be done on the USM. That'll probably happen the next weekend Peanut visits Mister. I'm usually pretty good with deadlines. I just need to buckle down and do it.

I made some changes to my site design on Saturday. By upgrading my blog template, I seem to have lost all of my ring codes. Despite Blogger's claims that they would save a copy of my old template, I can't seem to find it. Other problem is that I cannot seem to remember what rings I belonged to. So, if you end up here from one of the rings please leave me a comment if you don't see the ring code. If I'd known it would be this trouble, I wouldn't have bothered with the upgrade.

1 comment:

Laura said...

My gosh I hate getting behind on things! Bless precious little Baby Logan! I hope he continues to improve. I'm SO JEALOUS that you've lost 15 lbs! Good Job!! I know it must make you feel so great!

xoxoxox