Friday, April 08, 2005

Done, finished, out of the ball park......

As of 12 a.m. the sock was finished! I then spent an hour lying bed trying to figure out what I'd done wrong to not make the heel and toe line up perfectly. Just a smidge off of symmetrical. Maybe the second one will offer up a clue. They are cute! They are bigger than I expected. Little Miss will have to have a growth spurt to wear them. Perhaps this fall?

I must say that I was impressed with the kitchener stitch for the toe. At first I was hesitant as I saw some of the stitches seemed to be loose and sticking out like sore thumbs, but as it progressed...well it was just toe magic!! I may just find excuses to substitute that into more of my stuff.

The blue sweater called to me from my basket this morning..."just finish my sleeve" (of course this message is most effective if done in a spooky ghost voice reminiscent of Scooby Doo). I will finish that sleeve tonight! I will fit that in while gathering up toys to take on the knitting play date. Gosh, I'm excited to visit a new LYS. The Mister's Aunt & Uncle are expecting a baby in June. I think the latest female addition to the family deserves an elephant made in some luscious yarn. He's even given the go ahead to acquire it. That's huge in our house! It's like permission to cheat on a diet! Whoo Hoo!

No comments: