Thursday, April 21, 2005

Life gets in the way...

The blue sweater met it's demise. It's the first project I've been that far along on and frogged. I debated with myself about being able to save the yoke, but then common sense won out and I just ripped it all out. It felt oddly liberating. I took a few days off and cast on for another go round on Monday. I chose a different pattern (Precious Layettes #1) rather than the boy sweater from the baby sweaters yahoo group. This is coming along fabulously! I'm pretty confident I'll make the May 1st deadline for the layette. I have heard that Baby Aiden's momma has been having contractions. He needs to stay put for a few more days. :) I'm not sure his mother would agree, though.

I was able to visit Knit A Round in Ann Arbor last week. What a great shop. They have a nice open, airy feel. I found a ball of rowan yarn 40% off and another skein of Cascade 220 50% off. Can't go wrong with that. Both will be worked into CIC items to be donated. I also picked up a new pattern book on baby socks. Great way to use up some of my stash. A whole lot of babies springing up around us in the next 5 months. Gotta be prepared. I love babies...

Speaking of babies...Miss Peanut is quickly growing into a great big toddler and leaving babyhood behind. She started pointing out things yesterday to signify that's what she wanted. This is a nice step up from whining and grunting. She's also well skilled in walking. We hit the Detroit Zoo on Saturday and had a fabulous time. She thoroughly enjoyed showing off her walking skills to all of the other patrons. Kid loves attention. She's into the flirting stage, so there was a lot of stopping to babble at strangers. I don't have a clue as to how we wound up with such an adorable kid. Neither the mister nor I are overly attractive people. Sure, we were cute kids...but no where near this cute.

No comments: