Friday, May 06, 2005

Another must have pattern!

And I thought the Martha poncho was bag. Guess it was just a matter of time before someone came up with this one:

http://www.modeknit.com/blog/jens_blanket.html

Things are progressing well on the Boss's baby sweater. I'm done with the yoke and one of the sleeves. The mister said I woke him up the other night mumbing about islands and knitting. Guess I've taken being on "sleeve island" to heart. I guess I kept asking if he'd paid for the island and eventually got frustrated and said "Forget about it!" when he didn't provide my sleeping self with a sufficient answer.

I did make him decide on what yarn/color scheme would go into the Baby Alison sweater. She's his newest cousin, so it seemed only fitting. After taking an extreme amount of time to consider all of his options he went with a standar pink & white combination. Should be very similar to the one on the home page of the yahoo babysweaters group.

For those of you keeping track, the birthday was on Tuesday. I was presented with a Barnes & Noble gift card from the Peanut and a Joann's gift card from the mister. I couldn't be more pleased!! He doesn't quite get as to why I enjoy the gift cards so much, but it's hard to explain the feeling of freedom when I walk into a store knowing the money's been spent it's just up to me to redeem the merchandise for MYSELF! I have a hard time spending cash on myself since the marriage and birth of the dependant. There's a lot of guilt involved...but not when using a gift card!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I SO relate about the gift cards, and the guilt over wanting something, but putting the money else where... (kids) Happy Late Birthday!