Friday, March 24, 2006

Singledom

Mister's father had an accident at work last weekend and broke his leg. With Mister off work and Peanut out of school, they decided it would be a good thing for them to visit. Mister's father lives in Atlanta. 750 miles from us. They leave at 6 a.m. Driving. The decision for them to go was just made last night, so I've had a lot of last minute packing to do. It's a big trip for a 2 1/2 year old. It's an even bigger trip for me. Since Peanut came home on November 5, 2003, she and I have never spent a night apart. Now, we're staring down 7 days 8 nights and states away. Mister keeps assuring me it'll have a bigger impact on me than her and I hope he's right. I spent some time reading some stories into my MP3 player. I ripped her favorite CDs and put them on there. I also slipped in some of my favorite stuff. Tomorrow will be a very long day for me. I won't be able to relax until they make it there safely. Our neighbors have made an offer of company and longnecks tomorrow after work to help take my mind off of it.

In knitting news, I'm back on the Larry the Trapper Guy scarf. It's coming along. I've added a second safety pin to it. I use one pin to keep track of where I need to do the cable. The other I'm now using to show progress in a single sitting. All that orange cabley goodness starts to blend in and run together.

With Peanut away I'll be able to set up the USM in the family room. I'm hoping to revive our friendship while they're gone.

That's it from here. If you could, add the Mister & Peanut to your prayer list. 12 hrs in the car with a 2 1/2 year old could be volatile.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow. Best wishes and prayers for a safe and uneventful trip. If it's usually 12 hrs it will probably take longer since he's alone with her (lots of car driving experience with small children here). You'll be fine once you know they're there - and she'll have a blast with her Daddy and grandparents. :)