Tuesday, June 07, 2005

HURRAYYYY!!!!

After a vet tech and a vet looking at me and saying "Sounds behavioral to me" a urinalysis proved that Pepper does have a bladder infection!! This is exactly what we were hoping for. This means we can afford to fix her and she can stay. The family is overjoyed to say the least. Now we have task of giving her liquid medication by mouth twice a day. Easier said than done. Definitely a two person job.

I've been low carbing it for two weeks. Pretty proud of that fact. Today, I was hit by a tsunami migraine. This required 40 oz of coca cola and 2 king size hershey chocolate bars. Luckily it hit prior to medicating myself, so I did skip the one med that helps level the blood sugar. The sugar/caffeine rush in combination with the prescription drugs did work well. If only I could stop shaking and sit still for 2 minutes!! I think my body is in sugar shock! We are taking an advantage and getting chicken shack tonight. If you're going to do it up, might as well do it up right! Back to low carb tomorrow. I am down 8 lbs in 2 weeks. Have to toot my own horn on that one.

The little NICU hat and that Alison sweater and still where they were on Monday. I was too nervous to knit at the vets and was also concerned about the amazing amount of fur coming off Pepper while we were there. Almost like it was her own defense mechanism. The vet agreed we should have her shaved for the summer. Wonder what she'll look like then??

Hoping to knit tonight. The Mister, bless his heart, taped Six Feet Under for me when I was unable to leave bed (due to previously mentioned tsunami). He did have other motives since taping it from HBOWest from 12 - 1 allowed him to enjoy WWE RAW without interruption. We're one of those houses that only has cable in the living room. I'm ok with that, he's not. I refuse to spend $40 an hour to have someone come and "fish" wiring through the ceiling, though. Anywho..I'm off track. Ok, so..knitting tonight while watching taped episode of Six Feet Under.

No comments: