Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Back to the real world...

Thanks for the well wishes for Peanut's speedy recovery. Just another mystery fever in the long list of childhood ailments I'm sure we'll weather. She was fine come Sunday morning. Thank the Lord for Tylenol.

Fourth of July we went to the zoo. It was hot. Damn hot. Wasn't too bad when we got there, but I was dizzy by the time we left. Naps and drinks were required as soon as we got home. Peanut took a nap when we got home at 2:30. She went back to sleep at 5. We were planning on attending the local fireworks display at 10:05. She didn't wake up until 11:30 and neither one of us had the heart to wake her from her slumber. She went back to bed at midnight and had to be woken up at 8:30 the next morning. Evidently, the zoo really wore her out.

The Mr. Grant hat is finished. I took a combination of a few different patterns to put it together. I'm not so sure about the finished project, but it'll have to do. I'm working on matching booties. I'm hoping the skein will hold out. Once that's finished, I need to revisit some of my previously commissioned baby sweaters.

Laura has been a busy bee with The Preemie Project. Hop on over and check out all of her hard work.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sound slike you've been doing plenty of knitting! I think you're too hard on yourself about that. You have a hubby and a peanut to take care of. I have so much time b/c it's just me now and I'm not working or going to school. The Preemie Project and knitting are my full time jobs! =0) I'm so glad that Peanut is feeling better.