Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Preemie Bootie Pattern

My heartfelt thanks to Sandy Miner for allowing me to post my version of her Warm the Baby bootie pattern. I'm working on other size variations before officially rolling it out to the Preemie Project.

Light worsted weight yarn
US 6 needles
Makes a med preemie bootie - 2 3/4" sole
Cast on 30 stitches
Work 8 rows of garter stitch (4 ridges)
K13 K2 tog, K2 tog K13
K12 K2 tog, K2 tog K12
K11 K2 tog, K2 tog K11
K10 K2 tog, K2 tog K10
K9 K2 tog, K2 tog K9
You'll be left with 20 stitches.

Insert needle in first stitch as to knit. Wrap the yarn around needle twice, and then complete the stitch. Continue in same way in each stitch across the row.

Knit across pulling off but not working the extra loop of each stitch.
This makes long stitches to weave the tie through. You could also also do an eyelet (YO K2tog) row.

Work in K1, P1 ribbing for 6 rows.
Bind off.
Sew back and bottom seam.
Crochet a chain about 18 inches long to weave thru eyelet row or use about 18 inches of ribbon.
Tie in bow at center front

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was excited to find the preemie bootie pattern on your web site tonight. Thank you so much. I'll be looking for your size variations of it. I am also trying to work out a bootie pattern with small needles for a fine knit for preemies.
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

So cute Janette! I'll get you the measurements soon. I'll email you and let you know why I'm held up. Hope you're having a great "vacation"!